Saturday 25 June 2011

Caretaker Shadowcasted

I never noticed what a profoundly screwed up story Caretaker in the Garden of Dreams was until I heard Shadowcast's just-released podcast of it.

 I mean that in a good way.  Really, what other way could I mean it?  It's a real coup to throw someone's work back at them and make them see that it worked better than they thought it did.  Listening to Caretaker, as read by Danny Davies, with Zachary Hunt's gloriously creepy illustration in the background, I realised for the first time, and not without a degree of pride, that I'd come up with something unusually weird and nasty. Both Danny and Zachary have done really lovely work, and I can't thank them enough for that.  Or rather - and more worthy of thanks under the circumstances - they did really horrifying work, dragging every ounce of weird and nasty I'd grubbed away in Caretaker up to the surface for anyone to see and hear.

It always makes me happy to have my stories podcast, and it makes me happy to have them illustrated, so I got a lot of happy out of this one.  Cheers, lastly, to Head-Shadowcaster Jason Warden for making it happen.

1 comment:

  1. It was our pleasure, thanks for giving us great material to work with and for trusting us with it!

    ReplyDelete