Saturday 28 January 2012

Giant Thief Suprisingly Out

So Giant Thief is out.  Maybe today, or possibly yesterday.  This certainly came as a bit of a suprise to me, and to the gentlemen at Angry Robot as well as it turned out, since we were both under the impression that it was due towards the end of next week (or the start if you're more Americanly inclined.)

Amazon, I found out, have other ideas - preorders seem to have started shipping yesterday.  From what I've heard, this is fairly typical of Amazon, who view release dates with the kind of cynicism most people reserve for party-political election pledges.  Then today, a friend sent me that picture there.  It's from Waterstones, who appear to have been a bit impressionable and Richard Hammond-like and followed suit.

If all this egregious gun-jumping is a teensy bit irritating, (your first novel coming out, after all, not being the sort of thing you really want to catch up on after the fact), then that's heavily outweighed by the basic level of complete and utter awesomeness.

Because ... there's Giant Thief!  Next to Adrian Tchaikovsky!  On a shelf in Waterstones!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations, dude! Giant Thief is on my iPad for later reading (got a deadline of my own, dontcha know...) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn it ... the one excuse I can't possibly argue with!

    ReplyDelete